Editor Found

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that I’ve found an editor so I’ll be closing all applications now.

I’ve also managed to reach goal for the donations so I’ll be closing it now. Thanks to everybody who donated and a large round of thanks for the donor who made a very large donation. I appreciate every ones support.

Let me know if you have any suggestions about how to improve the site.

Rainbow Turtle.

52 thoughts on “Editor Found

1. GreenStorm

Hello Turtle,

Since you’re planning to upgrade the site, I suggest you remove the infinite scrolling.
    Because, when the visitor wants to see the “translation progress” bar, he’ll have to scroll until the last post (the first published) to just be able to see the bar.

And in my opinion, visitors are more likely wants to see the progress bar rather than scroll through blogs posts (They’re more likely are going to press the ToC if they’re new to the site).

Regards,
    Green

Liked by 1 person

1. OldLian

As far as I know that only happens to me on tablet and on my smartphone. I think if the screen is not wide enough the progress bar is placed below last post. You can actually see it if your laoding speed isn’t too fast but will disappear below the newly loaded old posts quickly.

Liked by 1 person

2. Akahiko

It always happens on my phone too. Happy to others bringing it up too and that it wasn’t just me.

3. Jin Mori

You could simply make it so you can change pages with an [Older] & [Newer] button, so you could have the translation bar on each page.

1. swordnoob501

Same thing happen to me when I first visited but found out it was actually due to the magnification. So you could try decreasing it then it should appear at the side

2. casper

ah! I wish I could be turtle’s editor, though my hands are full translating LMS in jawz(there is only two of us, me and John nest, translating hahaha, the rest has escaped from slavery hahaha) may you reach qouta soon amd thanks for the release today

3. Fried

Hello Turtle,

Thanks for the speedy translations.
    Just wanted to suggest you implement a system like wuxiaworld uses whereby you translate a set amount of chapters and if people want bonus chapters they can donate.
    Dunno if this is feasible with Ark’s longer chapter lenght but it’s something to keep in mind

4. casper

I suggest that you should use adfly to generate more income, thus upgrading things you are using in your translation like investing to a pro CAT tools, upgrading your wordpress,and also paying the electric bill consumed by your computer while translating:3

5. ZarethKnyght

Eh..you need an editor? But there aren’t a lot of grammar mistakes in the translation. Some spelling mistakes due to typos here and there but nothing major from what I’ve noticed.

1. Droker

If you’re interested, I used to proofread Ark for Japtem a while back. My work speaks for itself on their site.

6. GuiltySquad

Hey turtle I would like to help with editing. Though I’m not an expert at grammar. But I can keep a look out on the comments and minor typos and grammar errors.
    PS: Be sure to find a good editor before adding me.

7. Grr

GoGo Turtle answer my e-mail.
    *waves with cash*

^^

I will gladly help out a bit.
    There isn’t any good Novel to buy atm, nor any games.
    So i have a bit leeway on my gameing budget and reading budget~

8. Kazakh

If throght donate, new chapters will posted faster, I`m will donate. But I dont have credit card. Is there way to donat for me?

1. Ree

If you want to put chatbox, dont make it load it automatically. put a button for the link. Dont put stuffs that will make this site heavy. i cant even open 2nd tab if i open royal road site. That really sux

9. casper

you already reached the qouta?? wow that was faster than I expected,,, I just opened a paypal account a while a ago in order to donate buy I guess there’s no need for now

10. Dent_bing

Well i suggest you could put donate button and don’t need to put up promises like wuxiaworld. Like they do on skythewood, so the people who like to contribute could treat you pizza or beer whenever they want.. Your pace are already fast, so it’s natural for people willing to give you some appreciation.. If we can buy chapter like on wuxiaworld, at least we like to try to support the chapter. Just think about it 🙂

1. Dent_bing

Hmm can’t edit comment -_- my last comment on the las sentence, it should be “if you can’t buy…”

1. GuiltySquad

forget about chat box it seems, its too much trouble to put one up on wordpress.com sites.
        PS: When you upgraded you theme collection increased right… try a few of the out..

2. casper

rather than a chatbox, I suggest that you should put a forum where ark fans can discuss about their insights, spoilers, fanfics, etc. I personally believe that ark have a huge fan base and the forum will connect those fans all over the world together

11. ofir tal

the site look great but if you need to change or add anything im building sites for a living including wordpress so ill be happy to do what needed for free.

12. kenny

We are over the million mark. Insane keep it up I know I have notifications setup and I still come back 8 Times an hour just incase.

1. blackandredturtle Post author

A lot of people have asked me about donations. But since I don’t want to do that I put on ads instead. They shouldn’t be that annoying since its only one ad per page. But if more people complain then I’ll take it off.

1. braiamp

Oh, don’t worry, I wasn’t actually complaining (technically I was, but whatever), just that it wasn’t expected.