Poll Closed

Hey guys,

The reason I started this teaser project in the first place was because I love Korean novels and wanted to share some novels outside of the commonly known titles.

However, the amount of complaining and some comments over the last few days have made me wonder if I made the wrong decision and should’ve just chosen a project without asking for input. People seem to be focusing on the wrong and negative things and I really haven’t been enjoying the comments recently.

Therefore, the poll is now closed as the results are unlikely to change and I will tell you my decision later when I post the next LMS chapter. I know that there will be some complaints but please DON’T. This is my decision and I have no patience atm. I will be deleting any complaints that I see but I do end up seeing them. So please, refrain from complaining about the story picked and just don’t read if you don’t like it.

100 thoughts on “Poll Closed

1. nekoreadnovels

I am enjoying your translations.
    I am just here to thank you a lot for your hard work.
    You are doing a great job with your free time!
    So many thanks to you for all you did and will do for us with you blog.

PS: Don’t mind some brainless people who can show gratitude.
    kpran is right. You have more fans than haters. 😉

Liked by 1 person

2. Stephiez

Dear Rainbow Turtle, this is the first time I have decided to post a comment. The reason why I did not post any prior to this (even though I have been an avid follower of your translations ever since you took over from the other groups) is because you had so many fans that are in awe of you and your work that anything I could have added would have just been a superfluous extra. However, as you seem to be feeling discouraged by negative commentary lately, I have decided that perhaps my single, albeit late, post might help you regain a little of your cheer.

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for your incredible translation work on both LMS and Ark. A single person doing machine translation on Korean language and proofing the work themselves is an unbelievable feat of willpower, determination and pure diligence. I had once assisted in the LMS translation with the Japtem team, and I am completely humbled by the speed at which you produce such high quality works.

Korean language is completely different from English, especially so in its sentence structure and grammar. A single spacing mistake in the original text changes the context of how translatable a word or phrase becomes, and many people who have not attempted Korean machine translation would never understand this. So many Korean verbs are not easily translated back to English, and each chapter of LMS is extremely long. The monotony, the stress and the boredom is not something that can be explained in mere words. Just rearranging the Korean sentence structure back into something that makes sense in English is already a painful chore, but you do all these and more completely alone.

You are an absolute wonder woman, and you definitely need not feel bothered by ignorant, foolish plebeians who fail to appreciate the enormity of what you manage to achieve all by yourself. As Benjamin Franklin once said, “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain – and most fools do.” So just ignore these foolish comments and be proud of yourself because no one in the earlier LMS translations had managed the feat you have done.

Liked by 7 people

3. matbag248

Honestly, I stopped reading ATL when he came out of that black hole thingy, it got pretty samey and it just wasn’t interesting anymore. The first one Ark was pretty good, but the second one felt pretty boring at times.

I’ve stopped reading LMS because that got kinda samey and the time travelling was pure bullshit in my opinion. But hey, keep translating it if you’re enjoying it, don’t let me spoil the party.

If you don’t enjoy the new story, don’t read it. If you’re here for ATL and you want more of it, do it yourself. Turtle isn’t your servant. I don’t see why people are complaining about the stories, if Turtle wants to drop it then drop it. He/she is nice enough to warn us ahead of time and explain why, he/she owes us pretty much nothing (If he/she does then please do tell).

Turtle shouldn’t have to slave over chapters that he/she doesn’t enjoy reading. The outcome would be the Turtle becoming mentally exhausted and fed up with translating. I don’t see why Turtle should slave away on chapters while not receiving a wage/salary from readers (even then…).

In my opinion, there shouldn’t even be any complaints, Turtle is nice enough to give us the luxury of democracy and choice with the new novel. He/she could easily just be a dictator and choose one for him/her-self.

Liked by 2 people

4. matbag248

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, Thank You for Translating. Please don’t stress out from spoiled readers. This website is yours and we are only guests. Try not to let them get to you.

I wish you all the best of luck even if I don’t read the new translations.

5. weed0395

As long as you are translating a story. I have No complaints No demands. I know whatever you pick would be a good story. All the best for the next project

6. Ceron

If you are going to be stuck up and delete my comment, means you like reading insulting comments, since that the choice you have made in your life.
    Deleting insult = good
    Deleting someone who did not insult nor said anything bad = bad

1. blackandredturtle Post author

Dude chill out. I have no idea what you are talking about since I never deleted a comment by you. I would check my spam folder but now I don’t feel like it if the comment is anything like this one.

Edit: You know what, I just saw your previous comment and yes it was in my spam folder. But the previous comment just makes things worse because it is obviously not sincere if you are so quick to change your tone just because a chapter didn’t show up for a while. Anyway, this is the end of it and I’m not going to comment on this anymore.

Liked by 1 person

7. javicapaventus

Hello turtle. Ignore the negative comments. People don’t know the effort within your work. Cheer up, you’re the best . Sorry for my bad English.

8. coroxo

I ‘ve just read teaser 1 and so I dont vote you choose which one, the ultimate decision is yours, feel free to choose and ignore them all.
    sr noob english 😀

9. Shambala

Please do not delete people´s comments. Especialy not those mean. They shame themselves, they will receive shit from rest of us and stop. Or become funny event. They are not worth your time deleting it.
    Hope my comments werent those which made you angry, I swear that Demon king´s game looks poor to me, but that is not due to your translation, just the story feels weird. It is OK if you feel the other way.

10. Kurtzin

Dear Big Brother Translator,

Just do what YOU want. If I were you I wouldn’t give a rats ass about those damn leechers and ungrateful bastards.

I truly respect your work and I am a huge fan of your translations.

IF you have the time and motivation, could you please give me a few tips about korean. I’d like to learn but dont know where to start.

Thanks in advance. :]

1. Shambala

She claims she machine-traslates, so she actualy cant speak that language.
      As an expert in any area, until proven flase, I reccomend you: mary a Korean woman.

11. lurkner

Turtle,

You can’t cave in to the trolls. Providing a comment section and a poll gives people the feeling that they have influence over you. You are sending a message to these fellows that you want thier opinion. The crux, is that they may not offer you a constructive opinion. Some people may fall in love with one of your new teasers and while others will argue with you all day about translating more Ark, after all it is you oldest series. When you disagree with these people it creates a backlash, intended or not. It makes them feel like thier opinion does not matter, like they are not important, one of thier favorite stories is now inaccessible to them and they feel powerless. When this happens, they are going to blame you turtle becuase they feel helpless and right or wrong they think you are the source of it. You and these people are fundamentaly different turtle and that is what causes the strife. These people sending you nasty messages are sad, selfish people. They attack you because they think it gives them power, they fool themselves into believing they are being funny. We should pity these nasty little people. Meanwhile you are a generous person, care about others and enjoy sharing you interests. Thats clear from this blog, after all you arent looking to make money like sites such as wuxiaworld and update on a very regular schedule, more frequent then most translaters really. Your tranlation is also very high quality. Lms alone has been taken to the next level by your steller translation skills.

Dont get discouraged by the haters turtle they are simply a part of life. They are the people who life chewed up and spit out. You will find them trying to drag you down to thier level in all the things you will endevour in life . Ive found that the number of haters you have is perportional to the amount of your success and you are a very successful person turtle.

Pick the Teaser you think is most interesting and translate that. After all, you didnt start this site because a bunch of people on the internet told you to right? you followed your heart and that is where the correct path lies for you now.

Thank you for translating turtle it takes an amazing and dedicated oerson to do what you do.

12. dieucross

We love u, mate. Haters hate. If they dont like ur awesome work and initiative in offering more awesome novels, that’s up to them. If it were me, I would ask people to sign up in order to read ur translations. And if people are loittering hate msgs and ungrateful complaints, kick em out. But thats just me. As I see it, u are pretty generous and patient.. 🙂

13. Max

Dear Rainbow Turtle,

You are awesome and amazing! You make people happy (like me) by sharing your translation skill with the world. Enjoy the positive comments and do not take to heart those who spoil it 😀

14. Celso

Look i’m not that good with words, but i can easily tell that most of the readers enjoy your work included me. You do this coz you like, focus on it, dont let people take this source of happiness of yours. Thank you for everything so far.

P.S.: Wanna marry me? I’m from Brasil, 22 y old 😊

1. myself

As we say in Brasil “cavalo dado não se olha os dentes”, wich mean ” you don’t check the teeth on a given horse”
        Brasil é nois!

15. alexanderyou

Not sure who was complaining because I usually don’t hang out in the comments section, but why would people complain? It baffles me how people can complain about a poll to see what translation they would get next for free, like it isn’t even something they pay for ._.
    Damn plebs

~Thanks for all the translationness and whatnot 😛

Liked by 1 person

16. myself

sorry turtle, we started a war here, lol, ppl get too fired up on opinions on the internet, hope I didn’t offend you in anny way.
    Can’t wait to see wich LN you will translate for us next.

17. Tuia

Thank you for all the hard work and good job on translating.
    Thanks to you and a few others i started last year reading this novels and falled in love with them.
    I agree with most of people in here, do not let those damn leechers/haters get you down.
    So far we have being able to learn and see other stuuf becouse of your passion, choose what your heart pick to be more worth it of your time, not what the pool say.
    You started with ARK, and we loved it, you stoed with ark and we understand why becouse we felt the same way you did, most would hope to see the end of it, but why spend soo much time in doing something that you do not want to do anymore.
    These new project, no matter wich you pick will give us a new insight, and yet again, like every damn chatper i and can only humble myself and be thankfull for you and your great work.
    What i am trying t say, is either translation you pick, will make a ton of people happy, and most of all, it has to make you happy too =D

Thank you again for you hard work and passion.
    Sorry on the bad english =D

18. murajin97

I hope all those people complaining won’t make ur mood down so much. Anyway thank you turtle, for your translation. If I was kind of good with korean, I may would like to help you and decrease your burden. But alas I can’t. And I sorry for all the thing we reader do to you directly or indirectly.

19. jsong132

LOL these guys….. btw, I love every single of the teasers and would love to read any of them. Your translating work has made me fall in love with korean light novels and even other light novels as well. Your work has also made me want to get better at my korean (I am of korean nationality) so that I can read the korean novels in its written language. I really love that you are very straightforward and are not willing to let the publice dictate everything about this website. Keep doing what you do and want to do!!! Fighting!!! aja aja!

20. kurtic22

I don’t know if the people who are complaining are new to the site or what. However, I have been using this site from the beginning and Rainbow Turtle does an awesome job. You don’t realize how good you have it on this website. She is quick and her translations are miles ahead of trying to read the machine translations. If she quits because of rude people making nasty comments, then I believe you will be lucky to get a good translation of a chapter of ark or lms every six months. Lay off of her and be respectful.

Liked by 1 person

21. Mugentsuki

Who is complaining? I mean seriously, anybody who is complaining should try translating this stuff themselves! That being said, thank you rainbow turtle, for your hard work! Also, might I recommend (if not for translating, just for reading) Knights and Magic?

22. YoHo

I thought the teaser chapters and polls were an extremely nice touch on your part. No other translator has done that, and I greatly appreciated that you were curious as to what we readers preferred.

I never read any korean light novels until I came to your site. I love them now; they are so different from japaneses and chinese lns. And your site is the only place where’s I’ve registered myself to comment, because I was so amazed at how fast your translation pace is.

Just wanted to let you know.

23. Nef

Just take the decision YOU think its the best… and traslate the novel you prefer.

And thank you for your work 🙂

24. jerome

Hello Turtle,

First, i want to express my gratitude for all the good job you have done with these translations.

Second, for all the the negative feed back you may have received, you may simply just ignore them or kick them away. Unfortunately if you open your blog like you have done, you will received this kind of feed back. This world is probably not the best world that we we could expect but there is some room for improvement for all including the ones that make you angry.

So please continue with your work and do not forget that we support you.

Have a good day

Jerome

25. JohnQ

Dear Turtle-nim,

Normally I tend not to comment because I feel I could not add anything more than what has already been said by many of my fellow fans of your translation. However, after seeing how you have been discouraged by some of the negative comments out there I have felt the need to say something because I have seen many philanthropic translators stop/take a break after seeing how ungrateful some leechers have been. I have been a long time reader of LMS and I have seen many groups pick up/drop/pass off the project and often enough they have had a haphazard release schedule. However, I have always been grateful to those individuals because they have always given me 1 more chapter of my favorite novel than I would have had if they did not translate at all. Eventually I read that the you picked up the project yourself and I did not know what to expect since it was my first time hearing about you, all I knew is that I would be grateful for any LMS chapters you would put up. Imagine my surprise after seeing you release chapters so frequently and consistently and at such a high quality that I could not help but consider myself so fortunate that someone as wonderful as you decided to take some of your free time to translate this novel. LMS has always been close to my heart, it has made me laugh and it has made me cry, something very few books/novels have managed to accomplish. I do not know how you feel about LMS right now, but hopefully it still inspires you to keep on translating it for a long time.

On a more relevant note. I do not know why some leechers feel entitled to have whatever novel they want translated. There could be a plethora of reasons, but I won’t waste your time with what they could be because I doubt that they will change their behavior. Since I cannot speak Korean I am unfamiliar with some of the novels that have been released. Therefore I look forward to whatever you decide to translate because it presents an opportunity for me to read another great novel that would have otherwise gone ignored by me if it was not for translators like you.

Keep up the great work and even if I do not comment all the time, I just want to know that I will be eternally grateful Turtle Noona =D.

-A Turtle Fan from the US

Liked by 1 person

26. Mr random caller

It would be better if you get some random trusted person to just delete the bad comments.

Those people who suck it up when they get things they want, and immediately change their tone when they don’t get what they want — they’re too common nowadays.

Why are people so full of themselves these days? People who make a scene just because they want to. They need to get a life.

I can’t really say to “just ignore them” because that’s literally impossible. Though it is possible to reach a point where it just doesn’t fazes you anymore. Your time is worth more than the time they spend on being a keyboard warrior. Just delete their comments –> move on –> comment on other people’s comment that is worth your time.

Time is very valuable. They’re wasting theirs. Don’t waste yours. Don’t forget your what I assume is, goal: to spread what you love to others, and not to slave on what others love.

Now I wonder what the new story would be? It would be a big surprise if you found something more amazing than the 5 you “teased” us, and go with that instead.

Thanks for being here.

Good day.

27. Shuashy

I’m hoping you would do the rest after you have finished one. I really like all of the new titles.

28. sinothereaper31

i think you should just ignore the people who isn’t grateful for the speed and time that you put into each post. i came here to read lms but got hook on the light novels you were translating. So i just want to say thanks you for the hard work you did.

29. panoramix

You should play a music from jem-its amazing. Yes, it is for you. I havent read any teaser, except for dungeon thing ( i dunno the title lol), but i will read anything you want to translate turtle, do what you want okay. Please, dont think about others. Dont be stress okay, try to relax. Every single thing that we did, there is always a person who cant appreciate what we do

30. GrGunderson

To the people who complain or make rude comments on here: go F yourselves. If you don’t like the decisions she is making then go learn Korean and start translating. Unfortunately you do have the right to complain, but by doing so, show what a lowly piece of S you are.

31. Shinonon

I’m sorry for this to happen to you turtle :c
    It’s always like this, the hate and greed comments come up, you threaten to stop translating, they stop…you continue translating, they come back…
    Why can’t people know that you’re a person with a life?

32. Rslick

Guys we have a 100% chance to get a new story translated isn’t that great!!! And if you like at least one there’s a solid 20% chance of getting it and a higher percentage if you like multiple. There’s one in particular I really want translated but at the end of the day it isn’t up to us (trust me I remind myself when I get to excited). Anyway great work Turtle you work fast, you translate well, and you barely take breaks. Even if I was mad (which would be silly) you’ve done so much for us in the past. One of these days I really should say hi to that discord community thing. And uh thanks again 🙂

33. Veggos

I didn’t even read the teasers (cause i didn’t want to start 4-5 stories that I will never now what will happen eventually) but I will read the one you decide to translate. I don’t care which one that will be, the fact that you like and translate lms is good enough for me to trust your taste in novels. Thanks for everything you do for us and keep up the good work and whenever you don’t feel like it, just don’t translate for a few days or weeks or however long it takes you to do it again. We will still keep coming here every day checking for updates 🙂

Liked by 1 person

34. Sergey

I’ve read all teasers. And top in Poll wasn’t one, that I prefer.))) But anyway, I agree, that it should be Turtle’s choice, what to read and what to translate, otherwise it doesn’t make sense – to read something, that was selected not by you, but by others.

Regards, drunk russian

35. solitaryidler

Hey, just here to say don’t let the negative comments get you down… People who get their jollies putting others down are always louder and more obnoxious and more visible on the internet than the majority of your audience who are readers that greatly enjoy your work, are very grateful to you for your herculean effort, and don’t wish for you to give up or be disheartened.

Thank you again for everything!